I've just started building my own private livejournal-based server, and I'm having a problem with some of the built-in layers. Specifically, the disjointed, lickable, variableflow, and deardiary layers. If I change these layers to set external_stylesheet = false, they work. However, I'd rather not do this because it will definitely affect the performance of my server. The hardware and bandwidth is limited, and so is the userbase, but the volume of traffic the few users generate will be high, and I'm afraid turning off external_stylesheet for those layers will impact it fairly heavily. The crux of the issue is that the bit of S2 code in the core layer that handles outputting the external stylesheet <link> tag when the property is set doesn't work, probably because Page::stylesheet_url isn't getting generated. I'd like to investigate this further, but so far I haven't been able to get any debugging data to look at. There aren't any errors in my apache log at least.