MarsEdit on LiveJournal (marsedit) wrote in lj_dev,
MarsEdit on LiveJournal
marsedit
lj_dev

Atom GET yields blank post content

I notice that if I PUT an update to a LiveJournal post through the Atom interface, e.g. while authenticated to "marsedit" I update an entry:

PUT /interface/atom/edit/3

The result comes back 200 OK and the post is in fact updated as I specified, but an immediate GET to request the updated content yields a weird content-free entry:


<entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<id>urn:lj:livejournal.com:atom1:marsedit:965</id>
<author>
<email>[edited]</email>
<name>MarsEdit on LiveJournal</name>
</author>
<link rel="alternate" href="965.html" type="text/html"/>
<link rel="service.edit" href="http://www.livejournal.com/interface/atom/edit/3" type="application/x.atom+xml" title="Edit this post"/>
<issued>2007-03-18T18:53:00</issued>
<title>marsedit @ 2007-03-18T18:53:00</title>
<published>2007-03-18T22:53:33Z</published>
<updated>2007-03-19T00:33:21Z</updated>
</entry>

The workaround is to GET the entire collection again, so I can get all items including elements.

Daniel Jalkut
Red Sweater Software
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments