Joe (erebrandir) wrote in lj_dev,
Joe
erebrandir
lj_dev

  • Mood:

Updated patch: supportlib.pl fixes

Abstract

This updated patch fixes an issue in livejournal/cgi-bin/supportlib.pl, discussed here; a bug that I just discovered; and also incorporates some suggested changes to the support request notification system from this patch.

Description

Issue 1

At present, a single e-mail addressed to all subscribing support volunteers is sent when a new support request is posted. The current code for this makes calls to LJ::make_text_link for this, using the e-mail address of the last volunteer pulled from the database as an argument. If that volunteer happens to be an AOL user, then the e-mail that all volunteers receive will have the screwy, redundant syntax which make_text_link generates. (See 400655)

This patch removes the calls to make_text_link in two instances in which an e-mail with multiple recipients of indeterminant domain is sent.

Issue 2

In LJ::Support::file_request (again), I found that $scat (support category) was being assigned from a key $o->{'supportcat'}—a key that didn't exist in $o.

Since the only category info present was the spcatid, I added a little query to get what we needed (catname and no_autoreply).

(I suppose I could've used LJ::Support::load_cats, but we didn't need everything...)

Also...

This patch also incorporates some suggested changes to the support request notification system from this previously-posted patch.

Patch

livejournal/cgi-bin/supportlib.pl.122c.diff (Tested)

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 0 comments