|Stats Page Links
||[Dec. 21st, 2007|12:15 pm]
I finally found out where the code changes the URL if you click a link like:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/communityname and then it changes it to /community/communityname/.
At least I think it did and it seems to be working. The file is LiveJournal.pm in /cgi-bin/Apache/.
Line 430 reads:
$newurl =~ s!^/(users/|community/|~)\Q$orig_user\E!/!;
I changed it to:
$newurl =~ s!^/(users/|community/|~)\Q$orig_user\E!!;
Now this works, but it feels like it's taking longer to load. I am not a Perl programmer, so maybe someone can provide some insight as to why it's feels slower or a better way to fix this issue.