|New servers... and the winner is....
||[Jan. 18th, 2001|03:07 pm]
Well.. I think it's the winner, but I don't know much about the vendor, so I am looking to you all for comments (good or bad) on the level of support, and quality of the systems produced by this company.|
Here are the specs on the machine's we are looking at:
- Lancelot 1120-A
- S2505 Dual PC-PGA, VIA Motherboard
- Dual Integrated Intel 10/100 Ethernet Ports
- Integrated ATI Rage XL 4MB
- Dual Intel Pentium III 800/133
- 512 MB PC-133 RAM (2x256 leaving room for two more)
- IBM 20GB 7200RPM UDMA/100, 2MB cache HDD
- 24X Slim CDROM
- We save about $60 each if we don't include this... but I think having a CDROM drive makes life a lot easier
- 1.44 MB Floppy
- Same as CDROM above. We save about $60 if we don't include this
- ASL 1U Rackmount, 3 Fixed HD bays, 1x32 bit riser, 200W PS
- RedCrap Linux 6.2 (no CD... no manuals... to be deleted upon arrival)
And... drum roll please... the price of this system:
<VOICE STYLE="Top 40's station DJ">
I'd like to give a shout out to foobar for recommending ASLAB in the first place. Thanks a lot.
Comments.... suggestions? Let's hear 'em!